April 7th 2010...practically a holiday in my books!

April 7, 2010
..a day that has now come and gone..but was once seen as a day that would never ever everrrr come. EVERRR. But it did. And it was a day that could almost rival the glory felt on the day of our wedding! It was that good! It was the day Tyler came home from his mission!! =D 
Get this, the night of April 6th, I did not sleep....AT ALL! No exaggeration. I was even more excited/nervous/antsy/anxious/impatient than the night before our wedding!! Like i've always heard people joke "oh you're not gunna be able to sleep the night before your wedding/something big" but I always thought it was just kinda something funny to say implying how excited you'll probably be. OH no I actually got to experience it for myself. I couldn't help thinking as I was laying there in my bed that "at this time tomorrow night..I will have seen, hugged, touched, maybe kissed?? the love of my life that I haven't seen for OVER two years! Tyler Andersen! I didn't even wait for my alarm to go off. I was UP!
The whole morning seemed to DRAG. Ty's plane wasn't scheduled to get in until 1pm. So that morning, Me, his best friend Jeff and step-sis Maddy went and got balloons and ribbon then tied them around his whole neighborhood! It was a beautiful day! Lots better than today was...sheesh what's with the weather this year? Anyways we left to the airport probably too early but you just couldn't risk his plane getting in early and not getting that initial coming off the airplane excitement and don't forget pictures! There we are (above) driving there.  Plus, his plane got in a little late and on top of that, taking forever to get to us from the plane! From our initial arrival until we saw him, were waiting for a good hour!! Here is proof of our frustration:

And here is what Tyler was doing while we were nearly peeing our pants waiting for him to come down that da-gone escalator!
 The cool thing is he got to go home with a lot of his best mission friends. Elder Watt shown above had been Tyler's close mission bud since the MTC! He's from Canada and he also had a girlfriend waiting for him his whole mission. Thanks to Facebook, she and I found each other and kept in touch throughout their missions and they got married in June! =) 
Unfortunately all but Tyler had connecting flights. So they were forced to say goodbye. A moment they thought would never come!


Meanwhile.....



Tyler's cute sister Char and the adorable sign she made!

 FINALLY we saw him turn the corner and start descending towards us! I don't remember much from this moment. I viewed most of it from a camera screen.




 Yea...we figured it was best to follow the rules haha.


Jeffy. 





 After he was released. Their church was walking distance away from us, so while he was getting released me and the rest of his siblings who didn't go, threw a frisbee in this park. When I saw him walking towards me from the distance I ran to him. Did that whole Notebook scene. Haha okay well minus the whole wrapping my legs around him and smothering him with kisses to make up for the last two years! That came later ;) Gotta ease him into normalcy right?! Haha. Well as close to normal as you can get with Tyler ;)
So that was my day one year ago today =)


Comments

  1. I can't believe that was a whole year ago!! Oh you two were so incredibly cute. I love LOVE that you two are married :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never waited for a missionary but I can imagine this was a pretty amazing day for you!!! Cute pst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! This is the best post ever! Man the picture of you shaking hands with Tyler just killed me. I don't think I could have survived seeing Taylor without hugging him. But waiting until he was released was kind of torturous too because it wasn't until the next day... but what a GREAT day that was! And now we are both happily married! Hooray! Totally worth the waiting :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts